What Really Did Happen with USP 800 Hazardous Drugs?
USP 800 Hazardous Drugs was implemented on December 1, 2019. With misinformation and mass confusion, many pharmacies and pharmacists thought it was delayed or their state wasn’t enforcing. Others were led to believe USP 800 only affects compounding practices. The truth is the guideline for Hazardous Drugs is being enforced now, but its implementation differs between states and between state and federal agencies. Every type of pharmacy — Compounding, Specialty, Retail, and LTC — is affected. The question now is: are you ready for a state or federal regulator?
In this webinar, Jeff Hedges, President and CEO of R.J. Hedges and Associates, will provide an in-depth look at this topic to help you:
1. Understand what the current requirements are for USP 800
2. Discover why confusion exists with Hazardous Drugs
3. Understand why the Assessment of Risk is so important
4. Learn the impact of USP 795 and USP 797 appeal being remanded on USP 800
5. Recognize the actions a pharmacy must take
6. Comprehend what happens if you ignore USP 800